First and foremost, I’m beyond giddy and excited to be able to tell you that I will be doing my first solo photography show this July 28, 2012 at the Brooklyn Artists Gym! For those of you who known how badly I have wanted to do this, you can understand how much this means to me. Not only will I be sharing my photography with the public, but I will be doing it in my favorite place in the whole world: New York City.
Ever since I was a little girl, I was captivated by New York life and dreamed of making a life here as an artist. While my art career has taken an unconventional path, I found my way to the city that I love and have been documenting my experience through photography ever since. Visions of New York is my way of sharing that experience and since pictures speak a thousand words, why don’t you check out my promotional video on YouTube and let the images do the talking!
Because this is a self-produced event, I am raising money to help with the costs via my online campaign on Indiegogo. My goal is to raise $1500 by June 1.
Here is how your contributions will help:
- Pay the remaining deposit for gallery space at the lovely Brooklyn Artists Gym.
- Developing and printing high quality giclee prints for display and sale.
- Matting and framing for large scale prints.
- High quality paper and ink for postcard prints that I will be making and cutting myself
- Event marketing and promotion
- Postcards, event business cards, promotional items (fun stuff like tote bags, buttons)
- Promotional ads in local papers
- Display signs
- Media kits and personalized invitations
- Refreshments (because what’s an art show without good wine and food?)
And to show my appreciation for your support, I’ll be offering perks for contributions. Some of these include:
- A very honorable mention on my campaign site as a backer and a special place in my heart.
- Hand-signed postcard prints sets of my vibrant Subway Stories miniseries.
- The very cool very eco-friendly tote-bag featuring the “Who is Jaimee Todd?” logo.
- A mini photo-album/scrapbook featuring images of the actual show that you helped support.
- Knowing that you helped make a lifelong dream come true!
Visions of New York is also an important project because it will demonstrate that artists can have a successful art career without gallery representation or formal training. My hope is that this project will encourage other artists to produce their own art events.
Spread the Word
Even if you are unable to contribute, this campaign’s success relies on getting the word out, so please share with your friends, family members, co-workers and colleagues. Just think, if 100 people contribute as little as $15.00 each, we can make this happen! Help my vision become a reality by donating to my Visions of New York Campaign!
Last but definitely not least (I know, this is one of my longer newsletters), I want to sincerely thank everyone who has supported me in my artistic pursuits. Your encouragement and positivity have helped make this journey a wonderful adventure. I’m looking forward to to traveling this road with you in the many days ahead. This show is just the beginning.
Until next time,